God the Father is the commander of the spiritual forces of good which oppose the spiritualforces of evil. This is His special function in the realm of spiritual warfare.
WHERE IS GOD?
You just learned God is omnipresent, which means He is everywhere in the universe. God's throne is in a place called Heaven but He is also omnipresent.
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool... (Isaiah 66:1)
NAMES FOR GOD:
The Bible gives other names for God which reveal His ministry to you as you are engaged in this great spiritual conflict. The names for God include:
1. God: Which means Lord. The Bible combines this word with other names for God:
God-Rapha: "The Lord that healeth" Exodus 15:26
God-Nissi:"The Lord our banner" Exodus 17:8-15
God-Shalom: "The Lord our peace" Judges 6:24
God-Ra'ah: "The Lord my shepherd" Psalms 23:1
God-Tsidkenu: "The Lord our righteousness" Jeremiah 23:6
God-Jireh: "The Lord who provides" Genesis 22:14
God-Shammah: "The Lord is there" Ezekiel 48:35
2. Elohim: Means God and is used wherever the creative power of God is implied.
3. Father: Acts 17:28; John 1:12-13
4. Adonai: Means Lord or Master: Exodus 23:17; Isaiah 10:16,33
5. El: This is often used in combination with other words for God:
El Shaddai: "The God who is sufficient for the needs of His People" Exodus 6:3
Elolam: "The everlasting God" Genesis 21:33
El Elyon: "Most high God who is exalted above other so called gods" Genesis 14:18,22
6. Yahweh: In the Hebrew language in which the Old Testament was written, the word "Yahweh" means God. This word is combined with other words to reveal more about the character of God. God is called:
Yahweh Jireh: "The Lord provides" Genesis 22:14
Yahweh Nissi: "The Lord is my banner" Exodus 17:15
Yahweh Shalom: "The Lord is peace" Judges 6:24
Yahweh Sabbaoth: "The Lord of Hosts" I Samuel 1:3
Yahweh Maccaddeshcem: "The Lord thy Sanctifier" Exodus 31:13
Yahweh Tsidkenu: "The Lord our righteousness" Jeremiah 23:6
Yahweh Shammah: "The Lord is there" Ezekiel 48:35
Yahweh Elohim Israel:"The Lord God of Israel" Judges 5:3
Quadosh Israel: "The Holy One Of Israel" Isaiah 1:4
7. The Lord Of Hosts: In the Biblical record, these different names of God were used when requesting God to move in a specific way on behalf of His people. For example, the name God-Rapham meaning "The Lord that healeth," was used when seeking healing.
The specific name of God which should be used in spiritual warfare is "Yahweh Sabbaoth" which is translated "the Lord of hosts" in the King James version of the Bible. When you call upon that name in warfare, the battle is the Lord's and all the hosts of Heaven come to your aid.